By 2040, the San Antonio metro area will have nearly 1.5 million new residents raising the region’s population to over 3.4 million people. Imagine driving with another million or so cars on our roads. To meet this challenge, the MPO must plan carefully to keep people and freight moving safely and efficiently.
The San Antonio – Bexar County MPO will be hosting a series of public meetings as the first stages of updating the region’s long range multi-modal transportation plan with a horizon year of 2040.
- Northeast Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Monday, September 23rd at Woodlake Hills Middle School, 6625 Woodlake Parkway, San Antonio, Texas.
- Northwest Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 24th at Leon Valley Community Center, 6421 Evers Road, Leon Valley, Texas
- Southwest Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 25th at Indian Creek Elementary School, 5830 Pearsall Road, San Antonio, Texas
- Southeast Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Thursday, September 26th at Highland Hills Elementary School, 734 Glamis Ave, San Antonio, Texas
- Central Meeting – 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., Saturday, September 28th at VIA Community Room, 1021 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, Texas
- Seguin Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 1st at Seguin – Guadalupe County Coliseum, 950 S. Austin St., Seguin, Texas.
- New Braunfels Meeting– 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 2nd at New Braunfels Civic Center, 375 S Castell Ave, New Braunfels, Texas
- Boerne Meeting – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Thursday, October 3rd at Boerne Civic Center, 820 Adler Road, Boerne, Texas
In addition to the public meetings, MPO staff is creating an online opportunity for public participation at http://www.mobility2040.org. Two virtual on-line meetings are scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 24th and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday, October 7th.
For more information see the Mobility 2040 website, or the flyer and press release below.